Table Already exist as a View

Options
sj0071992
sj0071992 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 131 Neuron

Hi Team,

Could you please help in resolving the attached issue?

Thanks in Advance

Answers

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, @sj0071992
    , thank you for posting! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if you’ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

• sj0071992
    sj0071992 Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Dataiku DSS Developer, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 131 Neuron
    Options

I am using one SQL Recipe on the snowflake data source and when I am trying to write it back to snowflake again it is giving an error like, the table already exists as a view. So I want to confirm how should I do truncate and load data instead of drop and create table again

• ATsao
    ATsao Dataiker Alumni, Registered Posts: 139 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, it's difficult to provide further guidance without the exact use case and/or code. However, it seems like you are trying to write back to an existing table / view rather than a new table, which would go against best practices as you would essentially be introducing a loop. If that is in fact what you are trying to do, you may want to look into using a SQL "script" recipe if you aren't already (but note that you will need to handle all the create / drop / insert statements yourself):

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/code_recipes/sql.html

If you continue to face issues, I would advise opening a support ticket with a job diagnosis so that we can help you investigate the matter further.

Best,

Andrew

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…