Run a complexe SQL "script" to create tables in Bigquery (GCP)

Solved!
aurelien_b
Level 1
Run a complexe SQL "script" to create tables in Bigquery (GCP)

Hello everyone, 

I have a serious trouble when i want to process my data from one table in bigquery to another via the execution of a sql script. See the error below. (This step writen in sql is a processing step which should run in bigquery compute instance)

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advandfor your answer

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @aurelien_b ,

For the validation error you see, I would suggest  walking through the BigQuery JDBC steps outlined here, in case something was skipped.

Regarding the second message, note that SQL script recipes are not supported for BigQuery.  As an alternative, you might try creating a Python recipe with SQLExecutor2. Your query is more complex, but here's a brief example of executing SQL statements with SQLExecutor2 for BigQuery. 

Hope that helps,

Sarina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @aurelien_b! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @aurelien_b ,

For the validation error you see, I would suggest  walking through the BigQuery JDBC steps outlined here, in case something was skipped.

Regarding the second message, note that SQL script recipes are not supported for BigQuery.  As an alternative, you might try creating a Python recipe with SQLExecutor2. Your query is more complex, but here's a brief example of executing SQL statements with SQLExecutor2 for BigQuery. 

Hope that helps,

Sarina

aurelien_b
Level 1
Author

Hello Sarina,

Thanks for your answer, it's very clear.

Aurรฉlien

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (3)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku