Run a complexe SQL "script" to create tables in Bigquery (GCP)

Options
aurelien_b
aurelien_b Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 Partner

Hello everyone,

I have a serious trouble when i want to process my data from one table in bigquery to another via the execution of a sql script. See the error below. (This step writen in sql is a processing step which should run in bigquery compute instance)

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advandfor your answer

Best Answer

• Sarina
    Sarina Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer Posts: 315 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @aurelien_b

For the validation error you see, I would suggest walking through the BigQuery JDBC steps outlined here, in case something was skipped.

Regarding the second message, note that SQL script recipes are not supported for BigQuery. As an alternative, you might try creating a Python recipe with SQLExecutor2. Your query is more complex, but here's a brief example of executing SQL statements with SQLExecutor2 for BigQuery.

Hope that helps,

Sarina

Answers

• CoreyS
    CoreyS Dataiker Alumni, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Registered Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, @aurelien_b
    ! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if you’ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

• aurelien_b
    aurelien_b Partner, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 2 Partner
    Options

Hello Sarina,

Thanks for your answer, it's very clear.

Aurélien

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…