Project duplication mode - UI vs. API

Options
Marlan
Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 317 Neuron

Hi all,

I'm using the API to duplicate projects (project_handle.duplicate()). There is a duplication mode argument for the duplicate method. I am trying to understand how options passed in this argument correspond to those provided in the UI.

Here's what seems clear in terms of API values for each UI option:

DSS UIDSS API
Flow onlyNONE
Uploaded files???
Required inputs???
Full duplicationFULL
Input sharingSHARING

According the the documentation, duplication_mode can be one of the following values: MINIMAL, SHARING, FULL, NONE.

Does anyone know which UI option MINIMAL corresponds to? And is there another duplication mode that is not not documented (UI provides 5, doc for API lists 4)?

Thanks!

Marlan

Operating system used: Linux Red Hat

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Zach
    Zach Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 153 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Marlan

Here's the complete list of duplication modes:

DSS UIDSS API
    Flow onlyNONE
    Uploaded filesUPLOADS_ONLY
    Required inputsMINIMAL
    Full duplicationFULL
    Input sharingSHARING

For reference, I determined this by watching the DATA_DIR/run/backend.log file while I duplicated a project in the UI. The duplication mode that the UI uses is logged.

Thanks,

Zach

Answers

• Marlan
    Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 317 Neuron
    Options

This is great, @ZachM
    - thank you!

Marlan

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…