Problems to install an R package

rafael_rosado97
Level 4
Problems to install an R package

Hello, everyone.

I tried to install the package called flextable on an enviroment of R (3.6). However, the next error appears:

ERROR: dependencies ‘ragg’, ‘officer’, ‘gdtools’ are not available for package ‘flextable’

1: In install.packages(toInstall, "/code-envs/R/R_env/R.lib", :
installation of package ‘textshaping’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(toInstall, "/code-envs/R/R_env/R.lib", :
installation of package ‘ragg’ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(toInstall, "/code-envs/R/R_env/R.lib", :
installation of package ‘officer’ had non-zero exit status

4: In install.packages(toInstall, "/code-envs/R/R_env/R.lib", :
installation of package ‘flextable’ had non-zero exit status

Anyone knows how to solve it? Thank you!!

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @rafael_rosado97 ,

From what I can see below , dependency gdtools for example is no longer available on R3 see :
"Depends: R (≥ 4.0.0)"

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/gdtools/index.html

The rest should be available but likely failed to install due to other reasons, which would be listed in the code env logs. It can be an incompatible C compiler or missing OS dependencies.

You can look to upgrade to R4 or use CRAN snapshots to a prior date when tools was still available on R3,  note  https://cran.microsoft.com was retired, so you would need to find some alternatives online, but we can't make any official recommendation in this regard.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rafael_rosado97
Level 4
Author

Than you very much, @AlexT 
I had to upgrade R to 4.3.1, and now I can install the packages (after installing some dependencies). The thing is that I can not use R notebooks as I described here.

Rafael Rosado.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @rafael_rosado97 

If you upgraded R you will need to rebuild all R code envs was this done if it was and you are still having issue. I would suggest to open a supoort ticket with the instance diagnostics so we can take a deeper look.

Thanks