Prepare Recipe When Ran Changing the Order of Rows

Solved!
ESoto
Level 3
Prepare Recipe When Ran Changing the Order of Rows

Hello everyone,

I have a prepare recipe and in the steps all my rows in columns are in the correct order. However, once the recipe runs, it is completely changing the order of how my rows need to be showing.

EX:

Last Name

First Name

ID

Last Name 1

First Name 1

ID 1

Last Name 2

First Name 2

ID 2

Once the recipe runs the order now shows as this:

ID

Last Name

First Name

Last Name 1

ID 1

First Name 1

Last Name 4

Last Name 2

ID 2

When I go back into the parent recipe it shows the rows correctly and I can't figure out how to stop this from happening once it is run. If anyone could please assist with this because it will mess up the who dataset and next recipe I need to do if it stays this way. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ESoto
Level 3
Author

Update: Resolved

The prepared recipe has too many steps for it to process correctly, so I disabled my transform columns step and adding in fillers for blank rows, made a new prepared recipe with the transform column step and the order is now back intact as it should be. 

If anyone has another solution without needing to make new prepare recipes, let me know. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ESoto
Level 3
Author

Update: Resolved

The prepared recipe has too many steps for it to process correctly, so I disabled my transform columns step and adding in fillers for blank rows, made a new prepared recipe with the transform column step and the order is now back intact as it should be. 

If anyone has another solution without needing to make new prepare recipes, let me know. 

0 Kudos
konathan
Level 3
0 Kudos
ESoto
Level 3
Author

Hi @konathan,

Thank you so much for your reply.

In this case, it looks like it is a recipe for SQL. However, in my case, these are datasets that were manually added in and store in Dataiku. Eventually, I want to utilize SQL but the initial framework of how the data looks is what I have been focusing on and due to company policy, I will need to get permission to connect to an SQL server.

However, let me know if the recipe the other user was using is relevant in this case. 

0 Kudos