Polygon and Count by - Geometric Map

Solved!
gabriel_k
Level 1
Polygon and Count by - Geometric Map

I am currently working on a dataset within Dataiku that contains a record of various accidents, with each row representing a unique incident and including a range of information, such as the geographical location of each accident represented by polygons of departments. I've encountered a challenge when trying to visualize this data on a geometric map within the tool.

My goal is to display the number of accidents per department, ideally by counting the unique identifiers (IDs) for each accident. However, I've run into a snag โ€“ the geometric map tool doesn't seem to allow the use of custom aggregation or a count of records. Whenever I attempt to apply these functions, I receive an error message indicating "cannot use XXX."

Is there an alternative method to visualize the number of accidents by department on the map without having to create a separate dataset with a 'group by' operation? I would like to maintain the ability to filter based on other criteria within the same dataset, and creating a separate aggregated dataset could limit this functionality.

Any suggestions or workarounds that would allow me to achieve this within Dataiku's visualization capabilities would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marine
Dataiker

Hello Gabriel, 

Currently, the geometry maps don't support aggregations. The simplest workaround would be to use an administrative map that supports the aggregation "count distinct". If you choose the administrative level "department", it should display the desired outcome. 

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 17.05.20.png

Does it make sense?โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marine
Dataiker

Hello Gabriel, 

Currently, the geometry maps don't support aggregations. The simplest workaround would be to use an administrative map that supports the aggregation "count distinct". If you choose the administrative level "department", it should display the desired outcome. 

Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 17.05.20.png

Does it make sense?โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
gabriel_k
Level 1
Author

Thank you for your prompt reply and the solution provided. It "make sense" in a way ๐Ÿ™‚ .Using  the administrative map should suffice for my need.

0 Kudos