Outer Join "Not available with this engine"

Options
7mxd
7mxd Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Registered Posts: 13

Hello everyone

I have two datasets that are imported from my PC, so they are not stored on any database. Currently, I am trying to outer join those two data sets; however, I am having this option disabled and showing an error saying: "Not available with this engine".

Is there anyone way to overcome this error, or at least use any alternative method and get same result?

Best regards,

Ahmed

Best Answer

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

Few solutions for this:

1. Install https://www.postgresql.org (it’s free) in your PC so you can store your datasets in a SQL database
    2. Use a Cloud database like GCP’s BigQuery or AWS Redshift
    3. Convert your recipe to Python code

Answers

• 7mxd
    7mxd Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Registered Posts: 13
    Options

I would like to implement the first method, but after storing my dataset in the database, can I replace it with the data already in the flow?

• Turribeach
    Turribeach Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2023 Posts: 1,757 Neuron
    Options

You can but it’s a manual process. First you need to manually sync the datasets to the database using a Sync recipe. Then multi-select the datasets and select the Change Connection on the right pane to move them to the new SQL connection. The confirm the datasets have the data in SQL. Finally remove the Sync recipes and you will have your flow migrated to the new database.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…