Keep Filter in Dashboard

Options
davidmakovoz
davidmakovoz Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 67 Neuron

I'm trying to figure out how to keep the filters added in a chart when the chart is published in a dashboard. The view in the dashboard doesn't show the filter at all. And even when 'expand' the chart and see the filter, it says 'Filters won't be saved', i.e. even if I change them, the selection won't persist when I click "BACK TO DASHBOARD"

Thank you

Answers

• apichery
    apichery Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 62 Dataiker
    Options

Hi David,

This is currently not possible in DSS (but it's on our roadmap). To achieve that, you need to duplicate your dataset, filter it with a Filter recipe and then build the chart on this output dataset.

Hope this helps,
    Arnaud

• davidmakovoz
    davidmakovoz Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 67 Neuron
    Options

Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your reply. This is not a viable option. I can't create a copy of my dataset for every single option in the filter.

David

• AshleyW
    AshleyW Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Registered, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 161 Dataiker
    Options

Hi,

With the release of Dataiku 10, we've made dashboard filters available. Here's how:

1. Open a dashboard in edit mode
    2. Add a filter tile using the "+" icon
    3. Select the source of your filter (i.e. where you want the columns and values to come from)
    4. Select which columns you want to add as filters
    5. Save

A dashboard filter tile will apply to all chart and dataset insights on a dashboard slide where shared columns have the same name and type.

To learn more, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10, take a look at a hands-on tutorial, or browse the reference doc.

Enjoy,

Ashley

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…