Import csv or txt, first line as column name failed

Options
LaurentS
LaurentS Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

When I import a csv or txt file, the first line is not recognized as column name, though in Python code it works perfectly.

In DSS, after the import, I have :

- In first line, I have col1, col2, etc

- In second line, the true name of the column as they are in the original csv/txt file

- Starting from third line, I have the rows

What is the solution to import a csv/txt with the appropriate col names ? I could not figure it out.

Thanks and kindest regards

Best Answers

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Laurent,

You should be to adjust which line the true column names are on. Using "Skip First Lines" options. You can set that to 1 and user check Parse Next line as column headers.

If my .csv file is

column1,column2
    actual_name,other_name
    some_value,some_value

This is what I would see :

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 12.20.12.png

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Alex

• LaurentS
    LaurentS Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS & SQL, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I could figure out whete to see this option (preview after loading the file)

• Alexandru
    Alexandru Dataiker, Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 1,209 Dataiker
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you already have a dataset you can go settings and Format/Preview Tab. To get these options.

Additionally, you can reach this page when you create a dataset from a file there will be the Preview button once you import the file.

Let me know if you still have issues finding these options.

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 13.14.59.png

Answers

• LaurentS
    Options

Hi and thanks a lot. I could figure out where to access to this view (preview after loading the file). Kindest regards

• prash_
    prash_ Registered Posts: 17
    Options

After Importing its working. Can we do the same in between the flow for any of the dataset.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…