How to use the output of a Custom Python Step in another Scenario Step

Options
Remi_Mathieu
Remi_Mathieu Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am currently parametrizing a scenario in which i try to launch a 'Build/Train Step' if a condition is satisfied. The condition i am trying to implement is based on the result of the previous Step which is a 'Custom Python Step'.

Until now, when i am launching my scenario, the condition is never verified and so the BCapture_scenario_problem.JPGuild/Train Step never works.

Does someone now how to use the output of a Custom Python Step in my Build/Train Step ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• fchataigner2
    fchataigner2 Dataiker Posts: 355 Dataiker
    Options

You can use:

stepResults.getPath(".['customPythonStep1'].outcome").arrayContains("SUCCESS")

With FAILED, WARNING being the other 2 possible outcomes

Note that step output and step results are slightly different. Step outputs are only availables on steps which provide one (for ex: the execute SQL step puts the results of the SQL query. as output)

• Remi_Mathieu
    Remi_Mathieu Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS ML Practitioner, Dataiku DSS Adv Designer, Registered Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Options

In fact, "OK" is the result of a function which is in the Custom Python Step. My purpose is getting the result of these function and not getting the state of the Step (SUCCESS, WARNING, FAILED)

• Remi_Mathieu
    Options

Thanks you for your response. It works very well on my case.

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…