How can I make map visualization?

Parunyu
Level 1
How can I make map visualization?

I have change the data type of "Ip_address_country" but when I want to make map in charts, it shows the data type as text. Screenshot 2024-03-18 170843.pngScreenshot 2024-03-18 170820.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Parunyu,

It looks like your data is only country level data, and not geopoint data. In order to use a column in a map chart that requires a Geopoint, your underlying data must truly be a geopoint - you can't simply change the type of the column to Geopoint. Note that geopoint data has the following format:

POINT(2.4865807592869 48.871256519012)

Do you have a latitude and longitude, zipcodes or addresses in your dataset? If you have more specific information you could use the Geocoder plugin to convert address to latitude and longitude, and then use the prepare recipe processor "Create Geopoint from lat/long". I would suggest reviewing the details on this page for some different options: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/geographic/geocoding.html#geocoding-and-reverse-geocoding  

Generally it is expected to have more granular location data than just the country level. 

I hope that information is helpful, please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos