Failed to read data from DB

rafael_rosado97
Level 4
Failed to read data from DB

Hello, Dataiku team.

I want to explain a problem that I have when reading data from a table.

I read data from a DataCenter (SQL server). I did it making a query to create a single table. I want to sync the result to Google Cloud Storage and finally to BigQuery. It is a process that I have to execute everyday to a specific time. So I created a scenario. The first step modifies two variables that are a range of dates (first_date and end date); the table with the query extract data taking these two variables. The second step runs the dataset sent to BQ (recursively).

When I set a trigger to the scenario to excute it to a specific time, it shows: Failed to read data from DB, caused by: SQLServerException: Connection timed out (Read failed).

But when I execute the scneario manually it works well.

Do you know why this problem is caused?

I do not think that if I log out if affects, right?

Thank you very much!!

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Turribeach

It sounds to me that your SQL Server is down at the time the scenario is set to run. Maybe you should confirm so by trying to manually run it at the same time when it fails?

0 Kudos
rafael_rosado97
Level 4
Author

I tried to run the scenario manually a few minutes later and it worked well.

For the scenario to work automatically, I separated the step of modifying the variables in another different scenario.
So, the scenario where the two variables are modified runs first and, when it finishes, the recursion of the final table (the BQ table) runs.
So far, this is working well.

0 Kudos