Error while attempting to commit to Git in Dataiku: CodedIOException

carmen630
Level 1
Error while attempting to commit to Git in Dataiku: CodedIOException

Hello Dataiku community,

I have recently encountered an issue when trying to commit to Git from Dataiku. The error message I'm receiving is as follows:

"Failed to commit to Git a previously scheduled commit, caused by: CodedIOException: Unable to commit transaction, caused by: JGitInternalException: Exception caught during execution of add command, caused by: CorruptObjectException: Not a DIRC file."

This error has suddenly appeared while I was working on my project, and I haven't made any significant changes or configurations before it occurred. I am using Dataiku for development and collaboration in my project, and I have been working with Git to manage the version control of my code.

I have tried restarting my computer and checking the Git configurations, but the issue persists. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this error in Dataiku and if there are any known solutions or troubleshooting steps that I could try.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions you can provide to resolve this problem. If you need any more information or additional details about my setup or specific steps I've taken, I'm more than willing to provide them.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @carmen630,

It appears that your local repository is corrupted. I would suggest reading the following document and backing up your project: Recovering from Repository Corruption.

You can attempt a repair operation:

* Stop DSS
* Go to the config/projects/XXX (project directory)
* Run the "git fsck" command. If it confirms dangling objects, try "git fsck --lost-found"
* Restart DSS and try again

If that doesn't fix the problem, you can either

1. Delete the git directory:
* Stop DSS
* cd config/projects/XXX
* rm -rf .git
* git init
* git add -a
* git commit -m "reimport"
* start DSS
This will have the effect of deleting the history of changes: it will no longer be possible to revert the project to its old versions, but will not lose any settings/data of the project.

2. Restore the project from the most recent backup:
* Stop DSS
* Set aside (elsewhere) the config/projects/XXX (project directory)
* Restore this directory from your backup
* Restart DSS

You will find your project in the state of the last backup
0 Kudos