Survey banner
The Dataiku Community is moving to a new home! We are temporary in read only mode: LEARN MORE

Develop Shiny app in code studio before deployment

Nilafhiosagam
Level 2
Develop Shiny app in code studio before deployment

Is it possible to use a code studio to take advantage of autocomplete, plugins, etc in order to create an RShiny app and then deploy it as a webapp? Specifically I would like to use RStudio. If so how would I do this

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Grixis
Level 4

Hello @Nilafhiosagam 

Yes of course, you just need to create a template of Code Studio in the administration interface and define it on RStudio.

The only condition is, to have a cluster configured because it must be containerized.

take a look on : https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/code-studios/code-studio-ides/rstudio.html

0 Kudos
Nilafhiosagam
Level 2
Author

Hi @Grixis , thanks for your reply

I have created my Shiny app within the rstudio code studio. My app.R file is saved in Home\workspace\project-lib-versioned\app_name. I can see this via reflected in the libraries view. How can I deploy app.R as a webapp? 

0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly, that's another question. If you simply want to make a webapp you just have to go to a project and go to the webapp tab and you can choose Rshiny as the framework and develop it.

On the other hand, if you want to deploy your webapp afterwards, you can do this in several ways, either by publishing just the webapp for your project as a plugin, or by publishing your project in its entirety. For example, you can convert it into an application as a frontend for other collaborators on your instance, or you can deploy your project on other DSS nodes. I invite you to take a closer look at all these concepts to better define your needs. 🙂

let me know which is the good answer 

0 Kudos
Nilafhiosagam
Level 2
Author

Thanks @Grixis 

Yes I want to develop in the IDE and then deploy afterwards. It looks like plugin creation is disabled on my instance. How would I go about "publishing your project in its entirety"? Is there a tutorial available to learn more?

0 Kudos

Hey,

OK so may your administrator should support you on this point !

For your question about, how to publish your project. There is this kind of tutorial on Academy:

https://academy.dataiku.com/projects-in-production

But first, you might need to look at the general features of DSS that can help you get closer to your use case and find the DSS's concept in the academy you need to work on for the R Plugin use case.

0 Kudos