Dataiku deployment on Kubernetes Cluster

Solved!
gizmo1177
Level 1
Dataiku deployment on Kubernetes Cluster

I have general question related to the Dataiku in a Kubernetes Cluster. It is more to verify if my understanding is correct. Please correct me in case I am wrong.

In general:

Is this correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @gizmo1177,

This is correct! Note, when deploying your api service on a Kubernetes cluster, the load balancer is configured within your k8s Infrastructure in DSS UI under "service exposition". When you choose "load balancer" as your exposition mode, a load balancer annotation is applied to the manifest for the service and will be deployed with your api service to dispatch traffic. โ€ƒ

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 3.45.58 PM.png

Thanks!

Jordan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @gizmo1177,

This is correct! Note, when deploying your api service on a Kubernetes cluster, the load balancer is configured within your k8s Infrastructure in DSS UI under "service exposition". When you choose "load balancer" as your exposition mode, a load balancer annotation is applied to the manifest for the service and will be deployed with your api service to dispatch traffic. โ€ƒ

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 3.45.58 PM.png

Thanks!

Jordan

0 Kudos
SaiNaveen1
Level 2

Hi Team,

I their any documentation on how to setup Load Balancer in Dataiku? 
If yes, please do share it here.

0 Kudos
JordanB
Dataiker

Hi @SaiNaveen1,

If you are using a Managed Kubernetes Cluster on DSS, you will choose from one of the cloud platforms to deploy your cluster to (EKS, AKS, GKE). By default, Dataiku API services have their exposition mode set to Load Balancer. For example, if you are running an EKS cluster, this exposition method uses an AWS load balancer, which is automatically deployed for you (no further configuration is necessary). Note, there is a one to one relationship of Load Balancer to API deployed.

For further information, please see the following documentation: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/apinode/operations/ha-deployment.html#load-balancer

Thanks,

Jordan

0 Kudos