Change user within a Sync Recipe

ahmet_selcuk
Level 2
Change user within a Sync Recipe

I am working on a project in which I am accessing Oracle database with my read permission and generate the desired output in my DSS project. I would like to Sync my final data back to another staging table in an Oracle schema, but my user does not have the write permission to Exadata, so I would to change the credentials ONLY for the Sync job. 

Can Recipe Variables be used for such a task? What are the json parameters I need to change? Any suggestions for syntax will be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

The easiest way to do this is that when you create the Sync recipe you can change the connection of the output dataset and write it using the write credentials. Just change the connection, create the dataset and the Sync recipe will do the job for you.

0 Kudos
ahmet_selcuk
Level 2
Author

Thanks for the idea, i am just not sure i can follow the steps. The issue is the dataset is already existing in the Oracle schema and i connect it via Dataiku Dataset connection feature. Within sync recipe, under advanced controls, there is no feature to change connection recipe per my knowledge, further guidance regarding that will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Turribeach

In that case what you do is this. First you add the write dataset to your flow. You do this by click on +Dataset and select the correct technology, write connection and table. Then you select the last dataset of your flow, click on Sync recipe and rather than creating a new dataset as the output you click on USE EXISTING DATASET and select the dataset you created before.

Be warned though, Dataiku will attempt to drop the output table every time there is a schema change. 

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 09.22.33.png

0 Kudos