CSV files with Date Column and Others with no Date Column - How to combine them?

jrod31
Level 3
CSV files with Date Column and Others with no Date Column - How to combine them?

Hi, 

I have several CSV files in a 2024 folder that feeds into DataIku. These files have a date column already. The new files that I will be adding to this folder will not have a date column. 

Example: 

Existing files - 
Column A | Column B | Column C
02-10-2024 | Name | Product

New files
Column A | Column B | Column C
Name | Product | ID#

Can I have DataIku add a date value and move the Name value, Product value and ID# over to the right? 
I know I could create a new dataset and add the date column and merge the datasets after, but I was wondering if there was another way of doing it before making the build more complex. 

Thanks, 

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Turribeach

I recently responded to a very similar question to yours. In summary either use a Python recipe to read all the files from the folder and stitch them together manually in code or use a pair of Files in Folder datasets to split the files by structure and then stack them together with a Stack recipe. Basically choose between the "Coders" or the "Clickers" approach.

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Schema-evolution-CSVs-with-varying-headers/m-p/40477/...