CRON-like scenario triggers

Options
simonkth
simonkth Registered Posts: 1 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a scenario with a trigger every 5 minutes:Screenshot from 2021-08-12 19-02-08.png

As you can see I have no control over the initial timestamp, so instead of running roughly at 18:55:00 it ran at 18:56:51.

What would be the easiest way to have a CRON-like trigger, like 5 * * * * would do?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• adamnieto
    adamnieto Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Neuron 2023 Posts: 87 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @simonkth

If you are looking for some more control over when it executes. I would recommend using a python based trigger for the scenario to help solve this problem.

Here is some helpful documentation:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/python-api/scenarios.html

Perhaps the python based trigger can calculate the times it is suppose to run for that day and execute the scenario when it determines the current time is that 5 minute time mark.

Hope this helps!

• Marlan
    Marlan Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 317 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @simonkth

If you do pursue a python custom trigger as @adamnieto
    suggests, here are a few tips on python triggers.

Marlan

Answers

• apichery
    apichery Dataiker, Alpha Tester, Product Ideas Manager Posts: 62 Dataiker
    Options

Alternatively, you can specify the exact time starting with a granularity of 1 hour. So to have a scenario triggered exactly every 5 min at 0'clock, 5, 10, ... you can create 12 1-hour triggers

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 4.45.55 PM.png

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…