Bar chart - How to display the count of a column ?

Solved!
Jacques
Level 1
Bar chart - How to display the count of a column ?

Hi everyone,

Hope your are all doing good.

I was wondering if there is a way to create a bar chart with just using x axis and y would be the count like if we have this dataset : i just would like to have one bar with count of Id (equal to 3) and not the count per distinct id 

id | name |

1| curry |

2| adebayo |

3| doncic|

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Jacques

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CH007
Level 2

Good Day Jacques,

To help solve your inquiry Iโ€™m going to make an assumption that youโ€™re trying to build a chart through the visual interface of dataiku from a dataset currently residing within the flow. If so, below are the steps to achieve just the actual count of the IDs and nothing else.

CH007_0-1706851111002.png

Step #1 โ€“ Open the Dataiku Dataset and navigate to the Charts Icon.

Step #2 โ€“ When the Charts icon appears to display the backstage view, within the left window pane dataiku lists your column options which are found within your dataset and they add an additional metric that you can create graphics from โ€œCount of recordsโ€, drag this option to the Y axis

Step #3 โ€“ Select your id column and drag this over to the X axis. When you see this, you will automatically notice how you get the count by individual which is binned. To achieve your objective, select the drop-down arrow to the left of the id field placed within the X axis. This opens up a drop-down menu pane and select the Number of bins to 1. This will give you the actual count of your records.

CH007_1-1706851111011.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CH007
Level 2

Good Day Jacques,

To help solve your inquiry Iโ€™m going to make an assumption that youโ€™re trying to build a chart through the visual interface of dataiku from a dataset currently residing within the flow. If so, below are the steps to achieve just the actual count of the IDs and nothing else.

CH007_0-1706851111002.png

Step #1 โ€“ Open the Dataiku Dataset and navigate to the Charts Icon.

Step #2 โ€“ When the Charts icon appears to display the backstage view, within the left window pane dataiku lists your column options which are found within your dataset and they add an additional metric that you can create graphics from โ€œCount of recordsโ€, drag this option to the Y axis

Step #3 โ€“ Select your id column and drag this over to the X axis. When you see this, you will automatically notice how you get the count by individual which is binned. To achieve your objective, select the drop-down arrow to the left of the id field placed within the X axis. This opens up a drop-down menu pane and select the Number of bins to 1. This will give you the actual count of your records.

CH007_1-1706851111011.png

0 Kudos
Jacques
Level 1
Author

Hello CH007,

Sorry, I did not add much details about my request. So thank you for your time replying me.

It is absolutly what i am looking for. 

Thank you and have a nice day !

Jacques

0 Kudos