Access to Linux machine of Dataiku installed with Fleet Maneger

Solved!
rafael_rosado97
Level 4
Access to Linux machine of Dataiku installed with Fleet Maneger

Is it possible to access to Linux Machine if Dataiku was installed through Fleet Manager? I want to solve I problem that I had installing an R package (RODBC). 

Error: 

configure: error: "ODBC headers sql.h and sqlext.h not found"

installation of package โ€˜RODBCโ€™ had non-zero exit status

So according to possible solutions that I read, I should install missing headers.

Thank you very much!!

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @rafael_rosado97 ,
Accessing the instance via SSH is possible. On FM, go Settings > Instance templates > Support EKS instance template > New action > Add authorized SSH key. Then re-provision the instance. Then you will be able to access using your defined SSH keys. 

However, making any changes over SSH is highly discouraged and unsupported, as any changes will not persist after the next upgrade/re-provisioning.

Once you understand what changes you need to make in the instance template itself.

For example, let's say you need to add a system package: unixODBC-devel

Add a new the action or modify existing actions to  "Install system packages" :

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 10.25.47 AM.png

Then reprovision the instance and it will apply these changes.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @rafael_rosado97 ,
Accessing the instance via SSH is possible. On FM, go Settings > Instance templates > Support EKS instance template > New action > Add authorized SSH key. Then re-provision the instance. Then you will be able to access using your defined SSH keys. 

However, making any changes over SSH is highly discouraged and unsupported, as any changes will not persist after the next upgrade/re-provisioning.

Once you understand what changes you need to make in the instance template itself.

For example, let's say you need to add a system package: unixODBC-devel

Add a new the action or modify existing actions to  "Install system packages" :

Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 10.25.47 AM.png

Then reprovision the instance and it will apply these changes.

Thanks

Labels

?
Labels (1)
  • R

A banner prompting to get Dataiku