Community Conundrum 25:Feature Visualization is now live! Read More

DSS Upload CSV File

Level 1
DSS Upload CSV File

Hi Dataikers,

I hope you are well.

I'm a new Dataiku user. I installed DSS 8.0 on my personal laptop with the following characteristics:

• RAM: 16GB
  • CPU: 
    Cores: 4
    Logical: 8

I used WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) through Linux Ubuntu, therefore, I used an artificial linux terminal to install DSS 8.0 which is installed correctly.

I accessed to the Dataiku Homepage through: http://127.0.0.1:11000/
I selected the Free version (without License).

Now, I just created a new project and am stuck at the simple first step of loading my small dataset (cf. File attached to this post).

I selected my CSV file to upload (1000 rows) > I clicked on TEST button and I got the message: Did not find any non-empty file (cf. see image attached)

Do you have any alternative/solution or perhaps something badly done ?

Thank you for your help
Regards,
Bilal KACEL

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi KAB,

Are you by any chance using WSL1 or WSL2? Additionally, what is the underlying Linux distribution that you are using with WSL? For example, is this Ubuntu 18 or Ubuntu 20? If you are using WSL1 and/or Ubuntu 20, I would recommend trying with WSL2 and Ubuntu 18 instead (there are a lot of known issues with Ubuntu 20 and WSL if you search online). 

Generally speaking though, we don't really support using DSS with Windows and we have seen many occurrences with people struggling when trying to use WSL (for a variety of reasons). Therefore, you may want to try installing DSS using a virtual machine instead, which should resolve many of the issues you're facing. 

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Level 1
Author

Hello Andrew,

Indeed, you were right.
I had to:

Result: I can upload files and create datasets correctly.

Thank you.

Regards,
Bilal KACEL

0 Kudos