database connect error 400. invalid parameter: host

oyh
Level 2
database connect error 400. invalid parameter: host

I'm connecting to the tutorial database > 

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/data-sourcing/connections/sql/tutorial-index.html

Dataiku is running on Chrome Web, so if you try to connect to local, "Request failed with status code 400. Invalid parameter: host" error is displayed

How should I proceed

Operating system used: windows 11

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @oyh,

Is there a specific SQL database that you are trying to connect to? This tutorial is specifically to walk through connecting to a SQL database, if indeed that is a relevant use case for you! It sounds like you might not have any SQL database that you need to connect to. If you don't have any, you can simply skip this tutorial lesson, if it's not relevant for your DSS use case. If you really want to test out connecting to a database and you are running DSS on your Windows machine, it is possible to set up a local Postgres setup on your machine just for testing purposes, if you check out this page.   

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos
oyh
Level 2
Author

I made a server using pgadmin4 and made a database table in the tutorial with psql
When I turned on the server in pgadmin4 and tried to connect to the database in dataiku, I could see that there was an attempt on the server side
I want to know how to solve it

0 Kudos
Turribeach

What are you using as the host name in the connection?

0 Kudos
oyh
Level 2
Author

used "local"

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Use localhost 

0 Kudos
oyh
Level 2
Author

I can see the message "Host cannot be local host."

0 Kudos
shreyapuranik
Level 1

@oyh I have the same issue and I am trying to run it on DSS Cloud not locally. Did you find a way to resolve this?

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @shreyapuranik,

What type of database are you attempting to connect to? From Dataiku Cloud, you can online connect to a publicly-accessible database URL (which won't include a locally-run database on your machine). 

Thanks,
Sarina 

0 Kudos