Visual studio integration to DSS

lchunleo
Level 2
Visual studio integration to DSS

hi

i read that i need to provide a personal api key for integration with VSCode with DSS. it is available for Free version? Where can i find it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Manuel
Dataiker Alumni

Hi,

Personal API keys are created by each user independently in User (top right) > Profile & Settings > API keys.

More information at https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/publicapi/keys.html#personal-api-keys

A complete tutorial at https://academy.dataiku.com/latest/tutorial/code/vscode.html

Best regards

0 Kudos
lchunleo
Level 2
Author

Thanks but i don't see anything on the generation of the personal api key. i am in the profile and settings but when in the tab for "API keys", i only see a table of showing the access rights for free and lite, enterprise etc. 

is there a screenshot that show where is the api key is found  so that i can know if i am in the right page? thanks

0 Kudos
tgb417

@lchunleo 

I have the same question.

--Tom
0 Kudos
GreaseMonkey
Level 2

You need to click on your profile in the top right corner.. it should have your initial.  Then click those 3 gears that show up.  Super intuitive, not.  

Anyway, if you can navigate that, you can create personal API keys, which are effectivly you logging in. 

attached a screen grab of the location.

0 Kudos
tgb417

yeah,  Iโ€™m using the community edition and all I see on this page is a grid offering an upgrade for two weeks.  I donโ€™t believe that I can personally afford a full version for my laptop.  

--Tom
0 Kudos
GreaseMonkey
Level 2

Oh yeah.  Sorry.  Free is pretty trimmed down on features.

0 Kudos
tgb417

@GreaseMonkey 

Anyone know if vs code connection is possible on a free version.

--Tom
0 Kudos
dimitri
Dataiker

Hi,

The VSCode integration is available for free on the VSCode marketplace. (The source code is also available on GitHub.)

That being said, all our external IDE integrations are based on the public REST API, which is not available in the free edition of DSS.

Have a good day!

rmoore

Hi @lchunleo - I've posted an article on the integration of VS Code and Dataiku here. As others have said, unfortunately the integration will not be possible with the Community edition of DSS.

tgb417

Great Article.

Thanks for sharing.

--Tom
0 Kudos
tgb417

@lchunleo @dimitri @GreaseMonkey @Manuel 

FYI.  The NYC Dataiku User Group will be holding a group meeting at which we will be discussing VS Code and Dataiku working together.  Given your interest in this subject, we would love to have you join us for that conversation on Wednesday 4/7 at 11:00 am EDT.  For further information and to RSVP click here.

--Tom