Upload files in filesystem_root

Solved!
CamilleGui
Level 1
Upload files in filesystem_root

Hi everyone,

I would like to upload files in filesystem_root.

Could someone explain to me how to put files in this folder, so that all users can have access to them?

Thank you,

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi @CamilleGui ,

The filesystem_root path can only be accessed by admins who have access to the data directory where DSS is installed. You will mostly likely need to reach out to the admins on your instance, but if you do have access to the data directory, if your instance is on-prem you can just copy files into a /data/shared directory, or if it's on the cloud you can use SSH to copy it from your local machine to the cloud instance like this: scp ~/path/to/local/file.csv <dss_user>@<ssh_host>:/data/shared. Users will then be able to access those files by going to +Dataset, read from: Filesystem_root; path: /data/shared/file.csv.

Katie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KeijiY
Dataiker

Hello @CamilleGui,

Thank you so much for posting a question on Community.

You can create a managed folder with a Server filesystem connection by clicking the "+ Dataset > Folder" menu on the Flow page as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 13.35.31.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-06 at 13.36.24.png

Please note that you need to enable the "Allow write" and "Allow managed folders" properties of the Server filesystem connection in advance as follows:

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 13.38.33.png

I hope this would help.

Sincerely,
Keiji, Dataiku Technical Support

ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi @CamilleGui ,

The filesystem_root path can only be accessed by admins who have access to the data directory where DSS is installed. You will mostly likely need to reach out to the admins on your instance, but if you do have access to the data directory, if your instance is on-prem you can just copy files into a /data/shared directory, or if it's on the cloud you can use SSH to copy it from your local machine to the cloud instance like this: scp ~/path/to/local/file.csv <dss_user>@<ssh_host>:/data/shared. Users will then be able to access those files by going to +Dataset, read from: Filesystem_root; path: /data/shared/file.csv.

Katie

0 Kudos
CamilleGui
Level 1
Author

Hi @ktgross15 and @KeijiY 

Thanks for your answer. I taged this post as resolved.

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

Camille

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku