Unable to open flow

Solved!
bk211
Level 1
Unable to open flow

For some reason that i ignore, i suddently can't not acces flow functionnality,

other functionnality like dataset or recipe seems to be fine,  but i've got this error which gives me zero information about how this is occuring.

Anyone has encountered this pb before?

Oops: an unexpected error occurred

Cannot run program "dot": error=2, No such file or directory, caused by: IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

Please see our options for getting help 

HTTP code: 500, type: java.io.IOException

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergeyd
Dataiker

No, the license update has nothing to do with PATH changes. Somebody manually set that PATH in env-site.sh file and it has broken dot location right after DSS restart. If you don't need conda you can just remove that PATH line from the env-site.sh file and restart DSS. If you do need it, as I mentioned before, set PATH variable so it will include the default one: 

export PATH=$PATH:/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin:/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin

of course, restart DSS after this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @bk211 

This error means dot binary that is located in DSS_INSTALL_DIR/tools/bin/ is no longer available/not searchable within PATH env variable/not accessible (permission issue). Have you recently made any changes to the install directory or to DSS_DATA_DIR/bin/env-site.sh files? 

0 Kudos
bk211
Level 1
Author

[2021/06/02-11:11:53.826] [qtp532885071-478] [ERROR] [dip.controllers] - API call '/dip/api/flow/recipes/get-graph-serialized' failed java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "dot": error=2, No such file or directory

here is the line i found in backend.log

no change was made as far i know to the env-site.sh, it just suddently happend

my coworkers works like me only in navigator, they dont have direct acces to installation

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Thanks for the backend.log trace. So the root cause is the same:

DSS cannot find/access dot binary in the INSTALL_DIR.

You will need to check that dot binary is there (I already sent the location previously), that DSS system user can access it. Run "ls" command on that file and check if you can access it. If you do, check that DSS system user has INSTALL_DIR in its PATH env variable. For this you can grab the instance diag (administration->maintenance->diagnostic tool) and check diag.txt file within the archive. You should be able to find "PATH=" record there and INSTALL_DIR should be listed. Just as an example, here is mine: 

PATH=/opt/rh/devtoolset-8/root/usr/bin:/home/centos/dataiku-dss-8.0.5/tools/bin:/opt/rh/devtoolset-8/root/usr/bin:/opt/miniconda3/bin:/opt/miniconda3/condabin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/

0 Kudos
bk211
Level 1
Author

[dataiku@dataiku bin]$ cat env-site.sh
# This file is sourced last by DSS startup scripts
# You can add local customizations to it
export PATH=/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin:/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

is there anything that you think is wrong with this file?

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Yes, with this setup you have overwritten default PATH env variable excluding INSTALL_DIR. If you needed to add conda binaries, you should have used this approach: 

0 Kudos
bk211
Level 1
Author
[dataiku@dataiku bin]$ ls -l
total 5716
-rwxr-xr-x 1 dataiku dataiku 5851872 Sep 26 2019 dot
lrwxrwxrwx 1 dataiku dataiku 3 Sep 23 2020 neato -> dot
[dataiku@dataiku bin]$ pwd
/home/dataiku/dataiku-dss-8.0.2/tools/bin

here's the dot file that I've found, the permissions seems to be ok.

Here is the PATH variable in diag.txt

PATH=/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin:/home/dataiku/miniconda3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

so the dot binary is located in dataiku-dss-8.0.2/tools/bin but dataiku PATH point to miniconda3/bin folder? 
strange because i don't remember to have created this folder 

[dataiku@dataiku ~]$ ls -l
total 92048
-rw-rw-r-- 1 dataiku dataiku 94235922 May 31 09:45 Miniconda3.sh
drwxrwxrwx 1 dataiku dataiku 4096 Sep 23 2020 dataiku-dss-8.0.2
drwxrwxrwx 31 root root 4096 Jun 2 11:43 dss
drwxrwxr-x 16 dataiku dataiku 4096 May 31 09:45 miniconda3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 654 Oct 30 2019 run.sh

Does it comes with an update of license? because our past license has expired, the date of creation seems to match.

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

No, the license update has nothing to do with PATH changes. Somebody manually set that PATH in env-site.sh file and it has broken dot location right after DSS restart. If you don't need conda you can just remove that PATH line from the env-site.sh file and restart DSS. If you do need it, as I mentioned before, set PATH variable so it will include the default one: 

of course, restart DSS after this. 

0 Kudos
bk211
Level 1
Author

Thanks for your support,

I've modified the env-site.sh file as you said and restarted the dss

everything works fine now!

0 Kudos