Setting up a connection for Azure Blob Storage Gen 2

Solved!
JLudwig
Level 2
Setting up a connection for Azure Blob Storage Gen 2
I have a two week trial for dataiku and I'm trying to import a dataset from Azure Data Lake Gen 2 Storage. When I click on "Flows" -> "Import Your First Dataset", I get an option for "Azure Blob Storage". However, when I click on this there's no connection in the drop down box for "Azure connection". The documentation was not clear on where & how to create this connection.

Is there somewhere this connection is created outside of a project? Or is this functionality limited in the trial version?
Operating system used: Ubuntu 18.04
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VitaliyD
Dataiker

Before you can import a dataset from an external data source you need to create a DSS connection to the data source. You can find the connections and create a new one from the connection page (Administration > Connections):

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 14.40.43.pngโ€‹

Regarding connecting to Azure Blob Storage please refer to our documentation here and let us know if you have any specific questions.

Best.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VitaliyD
Dataiker

Before you can import a dataset from an external data source you need to create a DSS connection to the data source. You can find the connections and create a new one from the connection page (Administration > Connections):

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 14.40.43.pngโ€‹

Regarding connecting to Azure Blob Storage please refer to our documentation here and let us know if you have any specific questions.

Best.
0 Kudos
JLudwig
Level 2
Author

Thanks, that did the trick. It wasn't clear from your documentation where in the UI the connections are setup.

0 Kudos