Setting up Dataiku on macOS

Solved!
Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Setting up Dataiku on macOS

Hi

I am trying to setup dataiku-dss-9.0.1 on an oracle VM Virtualbox manager I have installed on my machines. I have followed the setup guide step by step. Once I import it at the last seconds it gives me an error

Any help please?

I have  macOS I have gone into my BIOS and enabled hardware virtualization already

Pooja shivani
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @Pooja_shivani,

I would strongly recommend using the Dataiku Launcher available on the Dataiku website instead of using a VM on MacOS.

This will be easier to install and you will have the latest version (11.0.0 at the time of writing)

Best,

Alexandre

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @Pooja_shivani,

I would strongly recommend using the Dataiku Launcher available on the Dataiku website instead of using a VM on MacOS.

This will be easier to install and you will have the latest version (11.0.0 at the time of writing)

Best,

Alexandre

tgb417

@Pooja_shivani 

If you are using an Intel processor based Macintosh released by Apple to market prior to the June 2020 Apple silicon announcement, @AlexandreV suggestion is a really great way of getting Dataiku setup on your Mac. I’ve used DSS this way since late 2017.  Works great!

However, if you are using a more recent Apple Silicon M1 or M2 base Macintosh, it is my understanding that this hardware configuration is not  currently supported by Dataiku.  @AlexandreV is that correct, or did the recent v11 release of DSS change this situation?

--Tom
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417 

The Dataiku Launcher does install DSS both running Intel or Apple based CPU 👍

Best,

Alex

Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Author

Thank you @tgb417 for this core information.

Pooja shivani
0 Kudos
Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Author

Thanks @AlexandreV , will try that part

Pooja shivani

I have found that the Macintosh 11.0.1 DataScienceStudio installer works better on M1 Macintosh.  I ran into problems with the R integration. With 11.0.0 of the application.  Still having some challenges with geting older versions of Python (like 3.6 to work smoothly.). Note all of the code I’m running is working in Rosetta Emulation Mode.  

--Tom
0 Kudos