Setting up Dataiku on macOS

Solved!
Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Setting up Dataiku on macOS

Hi

I am trying to setup dataiku-dss-9.0.1 on an oracle VM Virtualbox manager I have installed on my machines. I have followed the setup guide step by step. Once I import it at the last seconds it gives me an error

Any help please?

I have  macOS I have gone into my BIOS and enabled hardware virtualization already

Pooja shivani
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @Pooja_shivani,

I would strongly recommend using the Dataiku Launcher available on the Dataiku website instead of using a VM on MacOS.

This will be easier to install and you will have the latest version (11.0.0 at the time of writing)

Best,

Alexandre

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @Pooja_shivani,

I would strongly recommend using the Dataiku Launcher available on the Dataiku website instead of using a VM on MacOS.

This will be easier to install and you will have the latest version (11.0.0 at the time of writing)

Best,

Alexandre

tgb417

@Pooja_shivani 

If you are using an Intel processor based Macintosh released by Apple to market prior to the June 2020 Apple silicon announcement, @AlexandreV suggestion is a really great way of getting Dataiku setup on your Mac. Iโ€™ve used DSS this way since late 2017.  Works great!

However, if you are using a more recent Apple Silicon M1 or M2 base Macintosh, it is my understanding that this hardware configuration is not  currently supported by Dataiku.  @AlexandreV is that correct, or did the recent v11 release of DSS change this situation?

--Tom
AlexandreV
Dataiker

Hi @tgb417 

The Dataiku Launcher does install DSS both running Intel or Apple based CPU ๐Ÿ‘

Best,

Alex

Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Author

Thank you @tgb417 for this core information.

Pooja shivani
0 Kudos
Pooja_shivani
Level 3
Author

Thanks @AlexandreV , will try that part

Pooja shivani
tgb417

I have found that the Macintosh 11.0.1 DataScienceStudio installer works better on M1 Macintosh.  I ran into problems with the R integration. With 11.0.0 of the application.  Still having some challenges with geting older versions of Python (like 3.6 to work smoothly.). Note all of the code Iโ€™m running is working in Rosetta Emulation Mode.  

--Tom
0 Kudos