Setting Up Python 3.9 and Miniconda Code Env

romain12
Level 1
Setting Up Python 3.9 and Miniconda Code Env

Hi All,

I am having some trouble setting Dataiku code environments.

In fact, I have install Python3.9 and also miniconda on the DSS server and the banary are also available in the PATH but when I' trying to create an environment in DSS I get an error (see screenshot). 

Does anyone know how to resolve this error ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

Sounds like your DSS server can't connect to the Conda repository. Does it have full internet connectivity? Why do you want to use Conda instead of pip? Are you of the differences between pip and Conda and the license implications? Thanks

0 Kudos
romain12
Level 1
Author

Yes in fact the server where is install DSS doesn't have acces to internet. So how to fix the issue please ?

And I use conda because I need to creat an environment with many librairies which some of them only compatible with conda...

0 Kudos
Turribeach

Yes in fact the server where is install DSS doesn't have acces to internet. So how to fix the issue please ?

>> Well simple get internet connectivity to your server, direct or via a proxy. Or get a pip/conda mirror hosted internally in your company. Or pay for hosted repository mirror and open up your company firewalls to it:

https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/nexus-repository-administration/formats/conda-repositories

https://help.sonatype.com/repomanager3/nexus-repository-administration/formats/pypi-repositories

And I use conda because I need to creat an environment with many librairies which some of them only compatible with conda...

>> Conda installs OS packages. OS packages installations can easily break Dataiku or cause unintended consecuencies. I will strongly advise you to use pip not Conda. Any OS level packages needed by those Python packages can gbe reviewed adhoc. Note that Dataiku already installs most of the required ones for scikit-learn.

0 Kudos