SSH error connecting to SCP/SFTP

Solved!
Ibrahima13
Level 2
SSH error connecting to SCP/SFTP

Dear Dataiku community, 

I have created an SCP/SFTP connection in order to write into NAS folder some files using python recipe. It was working fine, But now I have issue with this connection. I cannot open this folder anymore in the project flow and I get the following error: 

SSH error connecting to xxxxxxxx, caused by: JSchException: Auth fail

However with shell command with the same user I can access to the folder 

Could you please help me ? 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Clément_Stenac
Dataiker

Hi,

Unfortunately, the SSH implementation used for the SCP/SFTP dataset does not support all variants of cryptography that SSH servers may be using.

You will likely not be able to use that particular SSH server with DSS and need to arrange for the files to be transfered through another means. This could be by running a shell recipe that retrieves the files and stores them to a managed folder, for example.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Clément_Stenac
Dataiker

Hi,

Unfortunately, the SSH implementation used for the SCP/SFTP dataset does not support all variants of cryptography that SSH servers may be using.

You will likely not be able to use that particular SSH server with DSS and need to arrange for the files to be transfered through another means. This could be by running a shell recipe that retrieves the files and stores them to a managed folder, for example.

0 Kudos
Ibrahima13
Level 2
Author

Hello Clément,

Thank you very much for your answer. I found the root cause of this issue with your guidance. It appears that the file authorized_keys was modified and then I got error with SSH connection. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos