Running Scenario with Reader Profile

Solved!
Jaihari
Level 2
Running Scenario with Reader Profile

Hi All,

Any idea if we can use Reader License just to trigger a scenario or recipie?

We want certain users to just have access to view jobs and if it gets failed to manually trigger them.

They shouldnt have any access to edit recipies or data. 

Operating system used: Windows 10

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jaihari
Level 2
Author

I tested this out in Enterprise edision of Dataiku as well and the solution works fine. The run as user should have all permissions to write data to the project. If so if we assign the scenario as run as a specific user who has all permissions in project the reader can just trigger the scenario. Reader since has access to read all details he can read the job failures and can trigger the scenario provided it is defined as run as a different user. He can also view all data and dashboard of the project provider he has read access for the project.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Turribeach

Readers canโ€™t run flows. But you can replicate this functionality using a WebApp. The WebApp can query all the project scenarios the user should be able to execute via a group membership and allow them to trigger the scenario using the Dataiku API. 

Jaihari
Level 2
Author

Thank you. @Turribeach  With trial version Reader profile was able to run by defining scenario as run as user with user who has access to project write permission. I still need to test with my office Dataiku setup.

0 Kudos
Jaihari
Level 2
Author

I tested this out in Enterprise edision of Dataiku as well and the solution works fine. The run as user should have all permissions to write data to the project. If so if we assign the scenario as run as a specific user who has all permissions in project the reader can just trigger the scenario. Reader since has access to read all details he can read the job failures and can trigger the scenario provided it is defined as run as a different user. He can also view all data and dashboard of the project provider he has read access for the project.

0 Kudos