Sign up to take part
Registered users can ask their own questions, contribute to discussions, and be part of the Community!
I just established a connection with a database which uses @MySQL. However, I'd like to convert the tables to @PostgreSQL which is my preferred data processing tool.
Does anybody know whether this is possible within Dataiku?
In general there are lots of available tools: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL
Maybe pg_chameleon might work with the @Python plug-in? https://pypi.org/project/pg-chameleon/
I appreciate all your suggestions, thanks a lot!
To best answer your question, could you please add some details on your context:
- have you set up connections in Dataiku DSS for both PostgreSQL and MySQL?
- do you want to migrate an existing Dataiku project to PostgreSQL?
- or do you want to migrate all tables in MySQL to be migrated to PostgreSQL? (and then deprecate MySQL)
thanks for your quick reply!
To answer your questions:
- the connections are set up only in MySQL. I'm planning to update the datasets daily via this connection.
- Yes, I'd like to migrate an existing project to PostgreSQL.
- No, the original MySQL datasets remain and will be updated on a daily basis. I'd like to run a daily scenario which updates those tables and replicates them to PostgreSQL, if possible.
thank you very much!
Thanks for your suggestions, Alex.
ad change of connection:
I get an error saying that the action is not supported. I can't choose any connection other than Filesystem and MySQL.
ad Sync recipe:
Again, I can only choose from Filesystem and MySQL.
I'm not sure whether I need to change something in the settings, because I just started using these datasets. The connection was established yesterday. Any further clues what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks a lot for your efforts!