R or jupyter fails after upgrade

Joram22
Level 1
R or jupyter fails after upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded Dataiku from version 8 to version 10. While before it hadn't experienced any problems, now R was automatically upgraded to version 4 which failed to load the package dataiku.

I rolled back R to version 3.6.3-2, yet now the kernel keeps dying. It's because on the ./bin/dssadmin install-R-integration command it gives the following error upon installing (see below). 

Specifically it fails to load rlang and has problems with the R_removeVarFromFrame function.
This is a function that I believe got added in a version from R that dataiku doesn't support.

I've gone to install, remove and re-install everything and I am not sure what to do to get this solved.
R works in linux (ubuntu 20.04), yet either the important rlang packages fail to be installed (in v3.6) or dataiku fails to load (v4). 

Any suggestions?

error message:

* installing *source* package ‘repr’ ...
** package ‘repr’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
** using staged installation
** R
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
unable to load shared object '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rlang/libs/rlang.so':
/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/rlang/libs/rlang.so: undefined symbol: R_removeVarFromFrame
Calls: <Anonymous> ... namespaceImport -> loadNamespace -> library.dynam -> dyn.load
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘repr’
* removing ‘/home/DATA_DIR/R.lib/repr’

Operating system used: Ubuntu 20.04

0 Kudos
0 Replies