Join us on August 6th for Leveraging Marketing Data in the Sports and Entertainment World Learn more

MySQL database connection

Level 2
MySQL database connection

Hi

I am trying to make database connection with MySQL in Dataiku. I have downloaded driver as well but i am using trial/web based version so where exactly I will need to put (which path) my JDBC driver. Is there any option in connection settings to provide driver path? As i am getting error- 

Failed to load database driver: Failed to load JDBC driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver), caused by: ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

4 Replies
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi @amungase 

You can see a step by step guide here

After you've followed this, you should be able to configure your MySQL connection under Administration.

For more info on MySQL see this section of the docs.

I hope this helps

Level 2
Author

Thanks for the response. 

i dont have Data Science Studio installed but i am using web trail version instead, so where can i put my driver?

Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi Amungase,

If you are referring to the hosted trial, then this is indeed not possible as the hosted trial is a bit limited and only provides access to "out-of-the-box" capabilities. If you wish to use the MySQL connector, or any other of our customers that require a driver to be dropped in, you will need to install DSS locally. You can use either the free Community edition or we also provide a 2-week Enterprise trial license if you are interested. More information can be found in our webpage here:

https://www.dataiku.com/product/get-started/

Thanks,

Andrew

Level 2
Author

Thanks, was able to make connection with free edition.