Local user strictly required for installation ?

Solved!
gnaldi62
Local user strictly required for installation ?

Hi,

in the documentation there is the following statement: "It is highly recommended to create an UNIX user dedicated to running the Data Science Studio software". In this case does "highly recommended" actually mean "strictly required" ? I'm asking because for a new installation a customer doesn't actually want to create such local user for security reasons . So wonder if a Kerberized AD/LDAP account or anything else would work in alternative.

Txs. Rgds.

Giuseppe

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @gnaldi62,

As far as I know, is not "mandatory". The recommendation is to run DSS with an account that is not used by another user or for any other purposes.

If I recall correctly, our IT department did create a special LDAP account (dataiku, but it can be any name) that can be used later to install DSS.

Does this help you? Or I misunderstood your question?

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @gnaldi62,

As far as I know, is not "mandatory". The recommendation is to run DSS with an account that is not used by another user or for any other purposes.

If I recall correctly, our IT department did create a special LDAP account (dataiku, but it can be any name) that can be used later to install DSS.

Does this help you? Or I misunderstood your question?

Cheers

gnaldi62
Author

Hi Ignacio,

yes, that is exactly what we need to know. Thanks.

Giuseppe

gnaldi62
Author

Thanks Ignacio. We've done a test using a LDAP account and installation has worked OK.

Rgds

Giuseppe