Installing "survival" in R on Dataiku 10

Yeaf99
Level 2
Installing "survival" in R on Dataiku 10

Hello,

I'm unable to install the latest version of the survival package in my R environment. The current installed version of R is 3.6 which is compatible with the newest survival package (as per CRAN - Package survivalAnalysis (r-project.org)).

The currently installed version of "survival" that Dataiku auto installed is 2.44, I'm looking to install the latest version 3.5-7.

The error I get when I try to force the install is that the version is not compatible with my version of R. Is there any way I can force the install?

Operating system used: Windows

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Yeaf99 ,
DSS will try to use the latest version available from CRAN by default when you rebuild a code env. 

So https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/survival/index.html  indeed this latest version shows it required R 3.5+ 

Can you elaborate a bit on the exact error you are seeing when trying to rebuild the code env? 

You may be seeing other errors around GCC compiler or OS dependencies. If you can share the code env build log or snippet of the error from ther it may provide more clues.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Yeaf99
Level 2
Author

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply.

DSS says it installing the latest version of survival successfully, but it isn't updating to the latest version in 'installed packages'. 

These are the errors I'm getting I hope it provides some context.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Yeaf99 ,
Please try to force rebuild the code env using the flag "rebuild env" this should clear and install  the latest version of the mentioned packages:
 Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 8.56.24 AM.png

If you still don't see the latest versions installed, please share the updateEnvAccordingToSpec.log  or code env diagnostics. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Yeaf99
Level 2
Author

Hi Alex. I tried force rebuilding like you said but to no avail. Please see attached a word doc with the code environment error. Thank you for all your support.

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Yeaf99 ,
I don't see the actual error here in the log shared.

Can you please open a support ticket with the code env diagnostics?

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/obtaining-support.html#editor-support-for-all-oth...
Go to Administration - Code Envs - open the code env - Get diagnostics.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 11.58.18 AM.png

0 Kudos
Yeaf99
Level 2
Author

Hello, please see the attached code env diagnostic.

Thank you.

0 Kudos