New to Dataiku DSS? Try out our NEW Quick Start Programs today and get onboarded on the product in just one hour! Let's go

How to install Spark and Sparkling Water Via VirtualBox

Ourkid123uk
Level 1
How to install Spark and Sparkling Water Via VirtualBox

Hi,

I have the VirtualBox up and running and have downloaded the Spark File "spark-2.4.3-bin-hadoop2.7.tgz"

Im trying to install this and then Sparkling Water but im really struggling with how to do this.

Whenever i try any commands it says "command not found"

I have VERY limited knowledge working within a Linux command prompt, whats my next steps i order to install Spark onto my Virtual Machine?

Thanks for looking

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Clément_Stenac
Dataiker
Dataiker
Hi,

To be very honest, this is almost impossible without some knowledge of Linux command line.

Also, your Spark and/or your H2O will not actually be distributed, which significantly limits the benefit they bring in, compared to simple in-memry machine learning. What is it that you want to do more precisely ?
0 Kudos
Ourkid123uk
Level 1
Author
Hi Clement!

Thanks for taking your time to reply.

I dont mind learning about Linux and how to do this and ive posted some questions on a Linux forum to start me off.

I basically have the free version and i am using it on a small to medium size data set in memory.

I just wanted to use the Naive Bayes algorithm and have it integrated into the DSS work flow.
0 Kudos
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS