How to install Bioconductor tximport R package in customized code env

Go14
Level 1
How to install Bioconductor tximport R package in customized code env

Hi 

I want to install Bioconductor tximport R package in customized code env. But I am getting the below error. 

Error: at least one package failed to install required versionIn addition: Warning message:package ‘tximport’ is not available (for R version 3.6.0) Execution halted

it seems the Bioconductor packages can be installed through Biocmanager and it is different from CRAN mirror.

When i try to install this package through notebook with the below commands,

if (!requireNamespace("BiocManager", quietly = TRUE))
    install.packages("BiocManager")

BiocManager::install("tximport")

I am getting the below error

Bioconductor version 3.10 (BiocManager 1.30.10), R 3.6.0 (2019-04-26)

Installing package(s) 'BiocVersion', 'tximport'

Warning message in install.packages(...):
“'lib = "/opt/dataiku/design-node/code-envs/R/test-R-env/R.lib"' is not writable”

Can you help me to fix this issue either in notebook or in code env ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tgb417

@Go14 

First, I've never installed Bioconductor tximport in R.

However, I do have a question/idea.  Are you working on a local copy of Dataiku say installed on a Macintosh computer rather than say a production Linux Server?  If so, are you able to install Bioconductor tximport on your computer outside of Dataiku DSS in an R environment directly or through say RStudio?

In the past when working out an R or even Python library install problem with a Dataiku DSS code environment I would often find the answer when trying to install outside of a DSS Code environment.

This is not guaranteed to help.  However, it may offer a way forward for your current situration.

--Tom
0 Kudos