How to disable scenario start notification

ASten1
Level 3
How to disable scenario start notification

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the right-bottom notification that a Scenario or a task has started. I've seen that in Administration I can choose to show that notifications are shown just to the initiator, but what if I want to hide them to everyone?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dima_naboka
Dataiker

Hi,

You can disable notification for 'other users run jobs/scenarios/ML tasks' from user Profile and Settings.

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 18.14.59.png

Unfortunately, there is no easy way of changing this setting for a list of users and it needs to be done individually.

0 Kudos
tim-wright
Level 5

@dima_naboka I was looking into the dataiku api and was wondering if this could be modified using something like the following. 

It appears you can alter the general_settings for the user and execute the .save() method. Is there a way you can modify the settings programmatically through the API to accomplish what was being requested by @ASten1

notifications.PNG

Or does this essentially let you toggle between the three options available in the ui:

notifications_ui.PNG

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

0 Kudos
dima_naboka
Dataiker

Sorry, I missed the point in my first comment.

@tim-wright yes, you can disable all notifications through API. Keyword is 'NOBODY'

client = dataiku.api_client()
general_settings = client.get_general_settings()
raw_settings = general_settings.get_raw()
raw_settings['notifications']['notifyOnTaskStartAndStop'] = 'NOBODY'
general_settings.save()

Keep in mind this will disable scenario as well as job build notifications