How To Deactivate "Profile upgrade request" for end users on the UI

Solved!
kathyqingyuxu
How To Deactivate "Profile upgrade request" for end users on the UI

Hello fellow Dataikers,

Hope all is well!

We have an internal method for managing profile upgrade requests (i.e. changing a "viewer" to "designer"). We want to disable the option for end users to request a "profile upgrade request" through the UI since the end users need to go through the dedicated internal method for security and tracking purposes. As an admin are we able to disable this option?

We tried looking at the documentation here: Requests โ€” Dataiku DSS 12 documentation, and also made sure to select the appropriate drop down and uncheck boxes in the Admin > Settings > Misc. > Access & requests location. However, we are still seeing these requests pop-up. Is there a specific location where we have not successfully turned this feature off? Not sure if there is additional documentation on this that we were not able to find on our side.

Thanks,

Kathy

3 Solutions
Marine
Dataiker

Hello Kathy,

Today, it's not possible to disable the feature. I shared your request with the product team.

To share your internal method for profile upgrade, a potential idea could be to keep the "Profile upgrade request" banner in the UI and when users click on it,  the UI would just display a custom message instead of sending a request. Hence, the admin will be able to share all the relevant instructions to change user profile. Do you think it would be relevant in your case? 

View solution in original post

Marine
Dataiker

Hello Kathy, 

Currently, it's not possible unfortunately. I will log it as a feature request. 

Have a good day, 

Marine

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for you patience on this - I'm happy to say this is now being actively worked on. I can't give you a predicted release date I'm afraid - but keep an eye out and I'll update here once it drops!

Thanks

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

4 Replies
Marine
Dataiker

Hello Kathy,

Today, it's not possible to disable the feature. I shared your request with the product team.

To share your internal method for profile upgrade, a potential idea could be to keep the "Profile upgrade request" banner in the UI and when users click on it,  the UI would just display a custom message instead of sending a request. Hence, the admin will be able to share all the relevant instructions to change user profile. Do you think it would be relevant in your case? 

kathyqingyuxu
Author

@Marine ,

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes that would be helpful, I wasn't aware we could customize the message instead of having the user send the email. Is there documentation on how we can accomplish that so we can provide the directions?

Best,

Kathy

0 Kudos
Marine
Dataiker

Hello Kathy, 

Currently, it's not possible unfortunately. I will log it as a feature request. 

Have a good day, 

Marine

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for you patience on this - I'm happy to say this is now being actively worked on. I can't give you a predicted release date I'm afraid - but keep an eye out and I'll update here once it drops!

Thanks

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!