GIT: Manual or automatic commits

Options
emher
emher Registered Posts: 32 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to know more about the topic of configuring the GIT integration to use manual commits. However, the documentation section is empty,

Untitled2.png

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/collaboration/version-control.html#manual-or-automatic-commits

Does anyone know about it?

Best Answer

• Ignacio_Toledo
    Ignacio_Toledo Dataiku DSS Core Designer, Dataiku DSS Core Concepts, Neuron 2020, Neuron, Registered, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Finalist, Neuron 2021, Neuron 2022, Frontrunner 2022 Finalist, Frontrunner 2022 Winner, Dataiku Frontrunner Awards 2021 Participant, Frontrunner 2022 Participant, Neuron 2023 Posts: 411 Neuron
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @emher

I never noticed before that section was empty! I hope some dataiker notice this and can answer you with a specific solution for that problem.

In terms of functionality, when you configure a project to use explicit commits (within a project go to "Settings" -> "Change management") you become responsible of committing any change to the project git. While all changes will be saved to the project, the git repository will not be aligned until you explicitly make the commit.

So, when you change to "Explict" (manaul) commits, you will start to see "Commit" options in different places:

Selection_038.png

Selection_039.png

 When you click on it, you will get a pop up window where you must add now a message, and you can also review the differences.

Hope this helps!

Answers

Setup Info
    Tags
      Help me…