Error while connecting Impala through JDBC

Solved!
fk
Level 2
Error while connecting Impala through JDBC

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect Impala via JDBC connection. However, I get Error: Creating Login Context. Unable to obtain Principal Name for authentication exception. Following is the connection string which I am using:

jdbc:impala://<hostname>:21050;AuthMech=1;KrbRealm=<REALM>;KrbHostFQDN=<fqdn>;KrbServiceName=impala;SSL=1;SSLKeyStore=<KSPATH>

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fk
Level 2
Author

Hi @CoreyS , I managed to connect kudu table via impala external table on top of it using configuration below:

JDBC Driver Class -

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

JDBC URL -

jdbc:hive2://impala.demo.com:21050/;principal=impala/impala.demo.com@DEMO.COM;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=<truststore.jks>;trustStorePassword=<password>;sslKeyStore=<keystore-impala.jks>;keyStorePassword=<password>

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @fk ! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
fk
Level 2
Author

Hi @CoreyS , I managed to connect kudu table via impala external table on top of it using configuration below:

JDBC Driver Class -

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver

JDBC URL -

jdbc:hive2://impala.demo.com:21050/;principal=impala/impala.demo.com@DEMO.COM;ssl=true;sslTrustStore=<truststore.jks>;trustStorePassword=<password>;sslKeyStore=<keystore-impala.jks>;keyStorePassword=<password>