Error in R process: simpleError : trying to use CRAN without setting a mirror

Amar2024
Level 2
Error in R process: simpleError : trying to use CRAN without setting a mirror

Hi, 

I am trying to use CausalImpact code in Dataiku and I am getting the below error. 
"

Job failed: Error in R process: simpleError : trying to use CRAN without setting a mirror

"

Below are the package and command that I am using in my  code:

install.packages("CausalImpact", dependencies = TRUE)

---

---

impact <- CausalImpact(Table, pre_period, post_period)

The command works in my local (Windos OS ) but its not working in Dataiku R code recipe. Can you please help me ? 

Operating system used: Windos

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Amar2024,

When using Dataiku, the correct way to set this up is to install your R packages within a dedicated code environment.  

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 3.54.08 PM.png

Then, when you create your R notebook or R recipe, you will simply select this code environment, which will allow you to use any of the packages installed in the code environment. 

If you run into any issues, please let us know! 

Thanks,
Sarina

0 Kudos
Amar2024
Level 2
Author

Thank you so much for replying.

I tried to create a new environment. Followed the same steps as you mentioned but I got this below error after clicking on "update" option on left. Can you please help?

image.png

0 Kudos
Amar2024
Level 2
Author

Hi @SarinaS 

Here is the simple code I am trying to run in dataiku with Casualimpact environment: CausalImpact (google.github.io)

but I am getting the above error shown in screenshot. Can you please try?

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Amar2024,

Can you please attach a diagnostic for the code environment by going into Administration > Code Envs > your code environment and then selecting the following "Get diagnostic" from the "wheel" icon?

Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 11.44.15 AM.png

Thanks,
Sarina 

0 Kudos
Amar2024
Level 2
Author

Hi Sarina,

As its linux platform, I was suppose to install specific version for all the  dependencies of 'CausalImpact'. It was resolved by my team mate who did this in backend. No more questions.

However, thank you for your inputs.