Educational version of Dataiku

Solved!
Erlebacher
Level 4
Educational version of Dataiku

I am considering trying the educational version of Dataiku. I was wondering if this version will run on my laptop or if it is a cloud-only system? If cloud-only, what are the difference between it and the Discover version of Dataiku? For example, the plan comparison states the the Discover version is hosted by Dataiku but the free version is not. But can I run the Discover version on my laptop with no connection to the internet? 

Thanks.

Operating system used: Mac, Ventura

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Turribeach

The Discover version is basically SaaS ran by Dataiku on your cloud vendor of choice. Yes you can run the free version on your Mac without an internet connection but do not that internet connection is needed to install Python packages and download OS level dependencies. Also note that is only supported on Linux. You can run it on MacOS but is not recommended for Production use. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Turribeach

The Discover version is basically SaaS ran by Dataiku on your cloud vendor of choice. Yes you can run the free version on your Mac without an internet connection but do not that internet connection is needed to install Python packages and download OS level dependencies. Also note that is only supported on Linux. You can run it on MacOS but is not recommended for Production use. 

0 Kudos