Edit the project for self without editing it for others

Solved!
VincentSider
Level 2
Edit the project for self without editing it for others

Hello,

I have given a group the permissions to a project (read, write, etc.) and all members of my group can access it.

How can I allow these users to edit the project for themselves without editing it for others?

Many thanks,

Vincent

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi Vincent,

Due to the collaborative nature of DSS, a project itself is global, so any changes you make are seen by all users. If you want to enable users to make changes in a more isolated environment, you have a few options:

• Duplicate the project
  • Use git branching - this is a more sophisticated version of the above option (only recommended if you have a strong understanding of git versioning)
  • Use flow zones to enable users to test out recipes in a separate portions of the flow

Let me know if you have any questions!

Katie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ktgross15
Dataiker

Hi Vincent,

Due to the collaborative nature of DSS, a project itself is global, so any changes you make are seen by all users. If you want to enable users to make changes in a more isolated environment, you have a few options:

• Duplicate the project
  • Use git branching - this is a more sophisticated version of the above option (only recommended if you have a strong understanding of git versioning)
  • Use flow zones to enable users to test out recipes in a separate portions of the flow

Let me know if you have any questions!

Katie

VincentSider
Level 2
Author

This is super helpful, thank you so much Katie