ERR_DASHBOARD_EXPORT_SAND_BOXING_ERROR trying to generate model documentation

Solved!
rmios
Level 3
ERR_DASHBOARD_EXPORT_SAND_BOXING_ERROR trying to generate model documentation

When trying to export a model documentation file in DSS 8.0.1 I get the a ERR_DASHBOARD_EXPORT_SAND_BOXING_ERROR  as shown in the following screenshot.

ERR_DASHBOARD_EXPORT_SAND_BOXING_ERROR.PNG

I followed the installation guide from https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/graphics-export.html to enable the feature and I made sure that user namespaces are enabled:

root@5413f935b872:/ws/dss# sysctl user.max_user_namespaces
user.max_user_namespaces = 1029754

The messages during installing the graphics export might show some issue - however, I am not sure because the final result seems to be successful.

dataiku@5413f935b872:~/dss$ ./bin/dssadmin install-graphics-export
[+] Saving installation log to /ws/dss/run/install.log
[+] Checking dependencies
+ Detected OS distribution : ubuntu 18.04
+ Checking required packages...
[+] Installing additional modules for dashboard and flow export feature

> puppeteer@1.20.0 install /ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/graphics-export/node_modules/puppeteer
> node install.js

Chromium downloaded to /ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/graphics-export/node_modules/puppeteer/.local-chromium/linux-686378
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/graphics-export/package.json'
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/graphics-export/package.json'
npm WARN graphics-export No description
npm WARN graphics-export No repository field.
npm WARN graphics-export No README data
npm WARN graphics-export No license field.

+ fs@0.0.1-security
+ puppeteer@1.20.0
updated 2 packages and audited 70 packages in 24.447s

1 package is looking for funding
  run `npm fund` for details

found 0 vulnerabilities

[+] Enabling graphics export in DSS
Loading plugin: feature-generation-genetic-algorithms
Loading plugin: geoadmin
Loading plugin: lstm-festo
Loading plugin: object-detection-gpu
Loading plugin: model-lightgbm
Loading plugin: timeseries-filter
Loading plugin: visual-vtux
Loading plugin: vtux-lstm
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.247] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Loading logging settings
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.250] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional logging settings from /ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/logging/dku-log4j.properties
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.263] [main] [INFO] [dku.logging]  - Configuring additional JUL logging settings from /ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/resources/logging/dku-log-jul.properties
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.644] [main] [INFO] [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory]  - Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@3ad394e6: defining beans [org.springframework.context.annotation.internalConfigurationAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalAutowiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalRequiredAnnotationProcessor,org.springframework.context.annotation.internalCommonAnnotationProcessor,springUtils,DKUTransactionService,generalSettingsDAO,projectCommitModeService,filesBasedConnectionsDAO,addableVariablesService,org.springframework.context.annotation.ConfigurationClassPostProcessor.importAwareProcessor]; root of factory hierarchy
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/lib/ivy/backend-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.6.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/ws/dataiku-dss-8.0.1/lib/ivy/common-run/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.21.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.779] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - readpipe [git, --version],/usr/bin
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.788] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - readpipe may return 'git version 2.17.1'
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.788] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - remaining output:

[2020/09/02-11:33:20.788] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - readpipe [git, config, --system, --edit],/usr/bin
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.793] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - readpipe may return '/etc/gitconfig'
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.793] [main] [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jgit.util.FS]  - remaining output:

[2020/09/02-11:33:20.909] [main] [INFO] [dku.cli.graphicsExport]  - Setting-up graphics export
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.923] [main] [DEBUG] [dip.transactions]  - Begin commit
[2020/09/02-11:33:20.935] [main] [INFO] [dip.commitbehavior]  - Candidate commit [GLOBAL] [no:auth] CLI: Enabled graphics (dashboard and flow) export (from command-line) :
 - /general-settings.json

[2020/09/02-11:33:20.936] [main] [DEBUG] [com.dataiku.dip.transactions.fs.FSyncUtils]  - writeAndSync: /ws/dss/config/.ts/general-~settings.json
[2020/09/02-11:33:21.128] [main] [DEBUG] [com.dataiku.dip.transactions.fs.FSyncUtils]  - writeAndSync: /ws/dss/config/.journal
[2020/09/02-11:33:21.173] [main] [DEBUG] [com.dataiku.dip.transactions.git.CommitQueue]  - Executing Git commit:
[GLOBAL] [no:auth] CLI: Enabled graphics (dashboard and flow) export (from command-line) :
 - /general-settings.json

[2020/09/02-11:33:21.264] [main] [INFO] [dip.transactions]  - Transaction committed [exec=78ms commitWait=0ms commitExec=329ms]
[+] Done

Any ideas what could be the issue here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rmios
Level 3
Author

For others who might face the same issue: disabling sandboxing (Option #2) prevents the error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Clément_Stenac
Dataiker

Hi,

Could you please open a support ticket (https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/obtaining-support.html#editor-support-for-dataiku...)  and attach a diagnostic of the DSS instance (Administration > Maintenance > Diagnostic tool)?

Note that you need to be administrator of the DSS instance - else you'll need to ask your admin

If the resulting file is too large for the suppoprt portal (> 15 MB), you can use https://dl.dataiku.com  to send it to us. Please don't forget to send the link that is generated when you upload the file.

0 Kudos
rmios
Level 3
Author

I just created a ticket. Unfortunately the ticket was not linked to my account I created and I cannot find it anymore. Can you confirm that the ticket is created?

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

@rmios yes, we received your ticket and already responded to it but looks like the message hasn't been delivered back to you. The email used to create a ticket was d****l.s***l@festo.net. Please let us know the correct email address. 

Basically we suggested to use the second option from here:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/graphics-export.html#option-2-disable-sandbox 

0 Kudos
rmios
Level 3
Author

Sorry, it was a typo on my end and should be .com (instead of .net).

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Ok, I'll update the email in the support ticket. 

0 Kudos
rmios
Level 3
Author

For others who might face the same issue: disabling sandboxing (Option #2) prevents the error.

0 Kudos