Dataiku Logs in Jenkins

Solved!
sj0071992
Dataiku Logs in Jenkins

Hi Team,

I just want to confirm, can we see Dataiku Logs in Jenkins while building the DevOps solution.

For Example, while creating a Bundle of DESIGN Node through Jenkins and at someplace it failed, will Jenkins capture the LOGS, like at what point it failed and reason of failure.

I am referring to the below link for Details.

https://knowledge.dataiku.com/latest/kb/o16n/ci-cd/jenkins-pipeline.html

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

Our sample is using Dataiku DSS python client to interact with DSS server. In order to be usable, we try to log in Jenkins console as much information as possible (mostly in case of errors) but you may have to revisit this and add some details of the requests and response depending on your needs.

However, note that you can only retrieve the logs that are available to the python client, not the full server log. For details on the server-side logs, you have that in DSS application (Administration > Maintenance > Log files) or you can access directly the log files on the server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

Our sample is using Dataiku DSS python client to interact with DSS server. In order to be usable, we try to log in Jenkins console as much information as possible (mostly in case of errors) but you may have to revisit this and add some details of the requests and response depending on your needs.

However, note that you can only retrieve the logs that are available to the python client, not the full server log. For details on the server-side logs, you have that in DSS application (Administration > Maintenance > Log files) or you can access directly the log files on the server.

0 Kudos
sj0071992
Author

Hi,

So in Short Jenkins will only Log the Details that available by Python, if we want to see the Dataiku Server Logs there are 2 ways,

1. Create a code to see the server logs

2. In Dataiku, Administration > Maintenance > Log files

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
fsergot
Dataiker

That's correct.

0 Kudos