Dataiku DSS desktop for Window fails to start: The argument to -File parameter doesn't exist

Solved!
Vlad
Level 2
Dataiku DSS desktop for Window fails to start: The argument to -File parameter doesn't exist

Hello,

I downloaded the Dataiku DSS launcher for Windows and installed the latest version of Dataiku DSS, but it failed to launch.

The error log includes the following:

ERROR: dssStart stderr: The argument 'C:\Users\.......\AppData\Local\Dataiku\DataScienceStudio\kits\dataiku-dss-11.4.1-win\scripts\linked\dss.ps1' to the -File parameter does not exist. Provide the path to an existing '.ps1' file as an argument to the -File parameter.

ERROR: Dataiku DSS start failed
Error: Dataiku DSS start failed
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Users\.....\AppData\Local\Programs\Dataiku Launcher\resources\app.asar\src\main-process\dssManager.ts:194:39)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit

Did anyone face the same problem and errors? I would appreciate any support and offering ways to solve it from the community.

Operating system used: Windows 10 Pro x64

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Vlad,

Indeed the cirillic characters are an issue here. The installer does not currently support does. We would suggest if possible, try creating a new user and installing locally or trying to opt for installing in a Virtual Box/VMWare instead or using the Dataiku Cloud trial.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi @Vlad,
Can you confirm if your username perhaps has spaces in it?

Also, have you enabled Long path: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=powershell#...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vlad
Level 2
Author

Alex, hi! My username doesn't have spaces in it, but contain cirillic characters. MAy this be a problem?

I have enabled long path but the problem persists. The log is attached.

Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Vlad,

Indeed the cirillic characters are an issue here. The installer does not currently support does. We would suggest if possible, try creating a new user and installing locally or trying to opt for installing in a Virtual Box/VMWare instead or using the Dataiku Cloud trial.

Thanks

Vlad
Level 2
Author

Alex, thank you very much! 

0 Kudos