Dataiku Connection: Snowtflake Session Parameter - Set Timezone for TIMESTAMP_TZ

Solved!
saulleon
Level 3
Dataiku Connection: Snowtflake Session Parameter - Set Timezone for TIMESTAMP_TZ

Hello Community!

I have a Snowflake dataset, that saves timestamps in UTC mode. The problem is that dates aren't matching, because of my timezone. The solution is to move the timezone to my current location. The problem is that I cannot do it, because of my organization's snowflake account.

Snowflake documentation mentions that you can inject timezone during sessions, which means that we can set up a timezone when we query DB and this will fix timestamps.

alter session set timezone = 'America/Los_Angeles';

My question is: Does the Snowflake Connection Settings has any parameter where we can provide this timezone injection?

Thank you in advance,

Saul

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Saul,

If the date column is a date without timezone you can check the option โ€œRead SQL timestamp without timezone as DSS datesโ€ and set the โ€œAssumed timezoneโ€ accordingly. 

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.26.03.png

If this is not what you are looking for you can also set a session timezone you can using Post-Connect commands to set the session timezone in the connection.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.19.03.png

Let me know if this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlexT
Dataiker

Hi Saul,

If the date column is a date without timezone you can check the option โ€œRead SQL timestamp without timezone as DSS datesโ€ and set the โ€œAssumed timezoneโ€ accordingly. 

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.26.03.png

If this is not what you are looking for you can also set a session timezone you can using Post-Connect commands to set the session timezone in the connection.

Screenshot 2021-08-31 at 08.19.03.png

Let me know if this helps. 

0 Kudos
saulleon
Level 3
Author

Alex, you rock man! We will use Post-connection commands. Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos